- Not able to ski.
- Move around on skis in different ways over varied but almost flat terrain.
- Can ski with skis parallel straight downhill and stop using a snowplough turn.
- Series of 7 to 8 snowplough turns with the skis brought back to the parallel position in between, over a suitable marked out course.
- Elementary direct line across the slope following a roughly straight trajectory.
- Test of balance when skiing while facing down the slope (with little jumps, from one foot to the other or over little bumps, etc.) on a gentle slope.
- On a moderately steep slope, series of elementary sideslip turns over a suitable marked out course.
- Direct traversing line following a curved trajectory.
- Step turns on a gentle slope (starting off at an angle).
- Series of around ten perfect elementary turns over a suitable marked out course on a moderately steep slope.
- Basic direct line passing over hollows and bumps.
- Basic skating step.
- Series of around ten basic turns imposed by 10 to 12 poles on a moderately steep slope.
- Basic single garland on a moderately steep slope.
- Perfect direct line to build up speed, finished with a braking sideslip, all on a moderately steep slope.
Etoile de Bronze
- Non-timed line assessed by the pupil's ability to complete perfect basic turns, with two changes of rhythm on a varied slope (alternating medium, short and medium-radius turns through 15 to 20 gates).
- Godille of base.
- Passage over bumps with slight take-off on prepared piste or terrain (skiercross-type run).
- Short giant slalom, timed (maximum 50% more time allowed compared to opener).
- Technical series of perfect broad and high-speed turns over varied terrain (slope, snow, etc.).
- Use the ski lifts.
- The 'falling leaf' sideslipping on both sides.
- A straight run with a flat board and sinking down and standing up movements.
- Rounded sideslips from the fall line on both sides in switch.
- Slide on a box in 50/50.
- 'Falling leaf' on frontside and backside on a medium slope.
- A series of 4 to 6 basic turns without stopping around a small slalom (cones spaced around 20m apart).
- A small jump whilst sliding, board flat on a gentle slope.
- Flat and Switch - a sliding '180' in a traverse (front or back).